Lake House (2 Chefs' Hats) – Australia's iconic and most consistently highly awarded Gourmet Retreat is located in Daylesford, 80minutes from Melbourne and is surrounded by some of Australia's best producers and growers.
We offer – Great conditions; career advancement; the benefits of working with a much-awarded professional team; an opportunity to develop, learn and interact with a network of excellent local growers supplying some of the best produce in Australia.
You will need - A good team work ethic; great cooking skills and a passion for creating beautiful food. Experience with contemporary culinary cuisine at a high level, an advantage.
- Ensure through constant assessment and vigilance the excellence of standards in preparation, cooking, presentation, service procedures and service times
- Assisting Head Chef and Sous Chef to ensure all menu items are documented, standardised and costed on an ongoing basis
- Assessing and maintaining service procedures and service times
- Maintaining agreed systems and standards for the stock control, stock rotation and food storage systems that will ensure maximum quality and minimum spilage
- Controlling food costs through portion and wastage control and regular kitchen stocktaking
- Ensuring all kitchen equipment, especially that relevant to section, is kept in good repair, is on a regular maintenance schedule and is kept track of through regular stocktakes, with equipment not in use for specific menus counted and appropriately stored
- Maintain a strong interest in contemporary culinary trends and consistently monitor and report on the work of other highly rated restaurants.
Assistance with long term visa available if required.