The position provides consistent work in a variety of roles. You need to be versatile in the work environment and possess a reasonable level of physical fitness and be used to an active lifestyle.
- Housekeeping - Cleaning hotel rooms to 4+ star standard;
- Kitchen Hand/back of house - Assisting the Chef during service, and general kitchen duties.
- Restaurant – front of house, RSA required, barista experience highly regarded (some breakfast and dinner shifts involved)
- Previous experience in an international hotel chain and/or a la carte restaurant would be highly regarded.
- Good spoken English language and written communication skills are essential
- skills and experience relevant to the various roles.
- You must be able to work productively in a team-based environment, developing professional but friendly relationships with customers, other team members and management.
The position provides 30+ hours per week at casual rates of pay and you will be required to work additional hours most weeks.
Hourly rates of pay are:
- Monday-Friday $26.03
- Saturday $31.23
- Sunday $36.44
- Public Holidays $52.05.
Shift allowances apply on some shifts depending on start / finish times.
We are open for business 7 days per week, and weekend shifts are a regular component of the roster.
Split shifts (morning and evening) and some early (6.00am) starts are involved, but a variety of shift times will be rostered to distribute the workload among employees. You will generally have one rostered day off (RDO) per week.
- Shared accommodation in a modern, fully furnished, air-conditioned 3 bedroom house is available.
- Cost is $175 per week (single person, own air-conditioned bedroom) which includes utilities and Wi-Fi (Telstra NBN unlimited data plan).
- The house is shared with other international travellers working with us. Please note that there is a “no parties” policy for the house.
We require a commitment of 4 to 6 months and the successful applicant must agree to stay on until after Easter (10-13 April, 2020). The position would ideally suit someone looking for consistent work and wanting to save money for their next travel adventure.