12-Month Australian working holiday visa (Subclass 417)
The Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417) is only available to people who hold valid passports from the following countries:
*From the USA, Argentina, Chile, Malaysia, Thailand or Turkey? Click for a Subclass 462 Visa.
- Republic of Cyprus
- Republic of Ireland
- Republic of Korea
To be eligible for the 417 working holiday visa, you must also:
- Be outside Australia when you apply and, when your visa is granted
- Not have entered Australia on a Working Holiday visa before
- Be aged between 18 and 30 years (inclusive) at the time of applying
- Be applying no more than 12 months before you intend to travel to Australia
- Not have accompanying dependent children. If you have dependent children you will need to apply using the paper application
What does the working holiday visa allow you to do?
- Enter Australia within 12 months of grant
- Stay for up to 12 months
- Leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid
- Work in Australia for up to 6 months with each employer
- Study for up to 4 months
- Extend your stay by another 12-months by working 3 months in a Specified Role, e.g fruit picking / farm work. If you gain a 2nd Year Visa extension, you may return to work for a further 6 months for an employer with whom you worked on your first Working Holiday visa
If you're planning a trip to Australia, we suggest choosing an Arrival Package which includes a Travellers At Work Membership and all the essentials for a safe and fun arrival in Oz. You can simply add on your visa and our registered migration agency will take care of the application for you!