12-Month work & holiday visa (Subclass 462)
Valid up to 12 months, the visa enables you to supplement the cost of your travels in Australia through periods of temporary or casual employment. The Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462) is available only to tertiary educated people aged 18 to 30 who hold valid passports from:
- USA: You must have graduated from High School.
- Argentina: You must hold tertiary qualifications or have completed/been approved to undertake a third year of undergraduate university study.
- Chile: You must hold tertiary qualifications or have completed/been approved to undertake a third year of undergraduate university study.
- Malaysia: You must hold tertiary qualifications, or have successfully completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate university study.
- Thailand: You must hold a degree or post high school diploma from an accredited institution.
- Turkey: You must hold tertiary qualifications or have successfully completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate university study.
- Other Countries Eligible: Austria, China, Czech Republic, Hungary, Indonesia, Israel, Luxembourg, Peru, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Uruguay, Vietnam. All countries must have fundamental understanding of the English Language and be able to provide evidence.
What does the work and holiday visa allow you to do?
- Stay for up to 12 months in Australia
- Leave and re–enter Australia any number of times in the 12 months from the date of first entry
- Undertake temporary employment in Australia
- Study for up to 4 months
Second Year Visa Extension
To apply for a second Work and Holiday visa, you must have already completed three months of specified subclass 462 work in northern Australia. This work must have been completed while on your first Work and Holiday visa and must have been undertaken after 18 November 2016 in order to be counted towards your three months' specified subclass 462 work total. Paid work must take place in Northern Australia in eligible industries only.
If you're planning a trip to Australia, we suggest choosing an Arrival Package which includes a Travellers At Work Membership and all the essentials for a safe and fun arrival in Oz. You can simply add on your visa and our registered migration agency will take care of the application for you!